Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Visit to NAA and more 'Door'

NAA show
I went with a friend, Elaine, to see the current show at Newburyport Art Association today.  The show is very nice and my painting, We Run, has a very nice spot on the center of the big blank wall in the Hills Gallery.  I took my camera with me to take some photos, and, da, didn't take any pictures, realized it when I got home. 
Painting more 'Door'
I guess I really need a name for this painting!  I worked on the frame again today and it is very slow going, talk about painting a straight line!  I realized that I should work on another painting at the same time to allow this one to get tacky in between efforts.  This will be a good thing, so I don't get too uninspired with the 'work' that is required.  This is still a challenge, don't get me wrong, but this part is more like work.  
When I was doing stained glass work, it was hard to keep the old shoulder to the grind stone because it was physically difficult and strenuous work and somewhat mechanical after the design part was over.  
Postings
I did update my blog and the Portrait Project Facebook page.
DPW icon
I was wondering why DPW doesn't have an icon to use on one's sites, and today I noticed that an artist had made his own, so, of course, I have to do that too.  Now that I think about it, it won't be too hard.
I should probably check with DPW first to be sure they don't already have one.  Then, there will be another learning curve figuring out how to get Weebly to accept the code, probably not too tricky.
Learn from others' blogs
The above DPW icon is an example of some of the things one can learn from other artists' blogs.  Also listening to the on-line talk radio shows is another wonderful source of good intel.
Reading
There is never enough time to read all the art stuff I want to read.  It is great though to have the magazines, etc. on hand for those half hours when you need to fill the time with something.  Heaven forbid I just did nothing--nope--don't know how to do that.  I know, you are starting to think that if I didn't spend so much time playing on my computer with this blog, I'd have more time for other things!  ha ha :)  I do enjoy it at the end of a tiring day to be able to sit here and talk to myself and my friends.
More on social medias
I found some good articles on how to use Instagram for business, and, yes, it's on my reading list, actually it's on my newest blog that I made for myself that is like a on-line file cabinet.


No comments:

Post a Comment