Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Stuck in the corner.

Well, no one can say I'm not having fun, I guess I have to say that painting puts me in a good mood, usually. 
Then there are times, when frustration rules the day.

After shoveling out three times between Blizzard Octavia and whatever comes next, I headed upstairs to work on my door. Starting in the upper left hand corner of the door frame, I had a difficulties determining the architectural details.   I tried several methods of drawing, photographing and painting the multitude of lines involved (caused by light and shade) and didn't come to a good conclusion yet.  It was very frustrating because I had a lot of interruptions and solving a problem like this requires complete focus.  Finding the right tone of gray was also a challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment