Monday, February 9, 2015

Social Media

I need to get more current with using social media sites and to that end, I'm checking out other means of communication used by the crowd who are movers and groovers and artists who know how to market themselves and their art, share art information, generally be in the know.

Etsy

Original Oil Paintings by Mary Pyche by MaryPycheArt on Etsy


Twitter

So I started out, because Etsy connects with these other medias, joining Twitter.  I sent my first tweet, it was an article from Oil Painters of America on why painting from life is important.

Pinterest

I already use Pinterest.  I'm finding that Pinterest is very useful for several reasons.  One of the best aspects is that you can pin something you want to remember for any reason to your pinterest page using a board that you already have or make a new one.  I don't know about you, but my memory can use all the help it can get.  For example, last week I created a board to see ideas I was gathering for repainting my kitchen.  Now that the job is done, I can delete that board.  So it has taken me a while to find out how Pinterest can be useful and I suspect the same will be true of these other social networks.

Mary Pyche on Instagram

I watched a bunch of videos on You Tube on how to use Instagram for business and wrote pages of notes on the subject.  It will take a while before I can make much sense of all this, but at least I'm giving it a go.  By later in the day I was welcomed by lots of people.  Now I know why everyone everywhere is always checking their phones.

Snippy and iPicci

On somewhat of another subject, my absolute favorite little helper is the Snippy Tool which lets you copy and past anything you want to your computer files.  iPicci is great for making free photo collages.

Share my current show, please.

I'm updating the People Painting People - 'The Merrimacians" page daily and hopefully getting people to SHARE it so we will get the word out about the show and the reception.



No comments:

Post a Comment