Saturday, January 10, 2015

15 days left and LOTS TO DO!

It's just around the corner, yet there is so much more to do.  I met with the exhibition director and have all the details necessary to inform the other artists and coordinate things to be ready to hang on Monday, January 26th at 10:30 a.m.  

I've been working every available minute, I have three more to touch up, one to finish, and one yet to start! --that pretty much equates to 5 days right there.  So that's the painting angle.

Other logistical items are taking good pictures of all my paintings and putting together the flyers, brochures, business cards, and the photo book which will be a good reference at the show.  I've ordered my mounting boards, the big sign for my section of the show, planned the positions of the other artists' work, need to have them deliver their works to me either before the hanging date or at 10:30 that day.  Big important aspect, deliver information to the newspaper correspondent for Newburyport.  Catherine Dullea will take care of some other newspaper advertising and adding information to the library web site.  

I'm still testing various adhesives to mount the panels onto the mounting boards.  When they arrive I will adhere the boards and the small thumbnails of the actual photos of the models to that board and prepare it to be hung.  I may need to put the names of the models there as well.  Their names are on the thumbnails but maybe not big enough to see when they are reduced to a 2" square.  This scenario will be the same as in the photo book--the large photo of the painting and the small thumbnail of the actual photo of the person.

I'm very glad that this show will be up for 2 months.  The reception will be held on a Saturday, February 21st at noon until 2 p.m.  All are invited.  

Twelve (12) artists painted with us in this project, and nine (9) will be hanging something in the show for a total of 36 pieces of art from the other People Painting People artists, and an additional total of 30 portraits of mine--PLENTY OF PAINTINGS for everyone to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment