Saturday, February 15, 2020

Wilton Studio Visit, RV Show, Driving to Punta Gorda

The Highlight of this trip is the Wilton Studio Visit!
My day yesterday (Valentine's Day) was amazing.  I did a couple of very different things.  I toured maybe 60 RVs from tiny to gigantic.  It was lots of fun to see them and it took maybe 2 hours.  I was with my son, Marc, and Kim, Cameron,and Kim's mom, Cheryl.
After that I went to visit John Wilton's studio as he graciously invited me to see it.  This put my head in a tailspin.  It was a nor'easter of an experience.  Both the building itself and the contents were very exciting to see.  The building is like something I have been thinking and dreaming about for a long time, pretty much exactly.  He built most of it himself after the drawings were done and a company constructed the main framework.  He did the walls and all the rest.  It has a bathroom in one corner and otherwise is open space. Any divisions of space are painting racks on wheels or the like. There may be one small column of wall space where the utilities are probably housed.  It has a polished or painted cement floor.  The dimensions are 40x80'. There are clerestory windows the length of the building in the roof, as you can see in the photos, and windows on the ends of the building, one being north light.
He invited me to roam around and see whatever I wanted to see and volunteered to answer any questions I might have had.  We did have a conversation about both his building and his art and he was very forthcoming and I enjoyed meeting him very much .Link to John Wilton's art. and a  Link To John Wilton's studio and works on his walls. If you go here, it is an article followed by photos, after the first several photos, other artists are featured.
He is a prolific artist who works in many mediums, or maybe all mediums!  His work, for the most part is very large and he has done many public works, like murals, civic buildings, utility boxes, sculptures, too many to name but you can reference his web page or do a google search.  I'll post some photos here.
THE TOWN-DELAND



THE MAN


THE ART & STUDIO







No comments:

Post a Comment