Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Alcohol Ink Painting

Yesterday I went to the Visual Arts Center in Punta Gorda FL to see the National Show they have there now.  This is a show they host bi-annually.  It is an exceptional show.  At the center Jill Lindsay was teaching an advanced alcohol ink painting class and I listened in a bit while touring the show.  Afterwards I said hello to her and she gave me a quick lesson, and I'm pretty excited to do some experimenting with that medium.  Lately I'm thinking about mixed media quite a bit and there are a lot of wonderful artists in FL doing that type of art, so I'll have a great opportunity to see and study it when I go to the Naples Show coming up this weekend!!! because I know there will be many artists there with mixed media on display.  Another thing about Florida art shows is that the art is big and colorful, two things I like that you don't see as much in New England.
I'm doing a tiny bit of painting myself just because I'm working on a couple of presents for some kids.
I'm also looking forward to the hanging and reception, etc., of my new gallery in Newburyport called Pleasant Street Gallery which will begin to happen the day I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment