Thursday, February 20, 2020

Hitting My Stride, and VAC Winners

Hitting my stride:  Yesterday I worked on and finished three paintings from my box of 'almost finished paintings'.  It felt really good to have those brushes in my hands again! One was a barn in Beverly MA that was painted in plein air, and needed a bit of drawing correction; another was a flower painting that needed some punch and still keep the brush strokes loose and free; and the last one is one that is high-key (light colors) which is difficult for me as I like a lot of color and contrast.  Here they are:
 5x7" oil on Ampersand gessobord
6x6": oil on Ampersand gessobord
6x6": oil on Ampersand gessobord
I wish my new Apple 11 phone took better pictures, but it just doesn't get the color right.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The VAC winners:  The Visual Art Center in Punta Gorda has posted the photos of the award winners in the current national art show.  There were an enormous amount of wonderful paintings--the best show ever--but it baffles me about which painting won first place.  I'm posting the link here for the show, and the awards are many, starting with the least and ending with the best.  Please take a look, at least at the first, second and third places.  The second and third place paintings are fantastic, as are many of the other paintings in the show.  NATIONAL SHOW AT THE VAC
You'll have to scroll down about 9 pages to see the beginning of the list of awards section.

No comments:

Post a Comment