Tuesday, February 4, 2020

European Arches

This scene is familiar with many visits and memories of my trips to Europe.  It's 9x12" oil on board and you can see and feel the texture of the canvas.  Sorry about the image, I didn't have it downloaded on my laptop before leaving a couple of days ago for Florida for the month of February.  I had to clip it from another source, not a good one for sure, but you can see it better if you click on the link to the on-line gallery :)

I love outdoor cafes in Europe and all the medieval arches and stone patios, roads, etc.  I also love umbrellas and warm colors, so this charming scene has everything.  I like the jumble of cafe tables and chairs in the foreground and that it doesn't take away from the umbrellas and arches.  I have taken about 10,000 pictures in Europe and will be going back to the Alsace region of France this September (2020) on a painting trip--that region has very German influenced architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment