Saturday, February 22, 2020

Quilt Show and The Theater and BIG YELLOW (a painting)

First we went to the quilt show, then to a play called, "My Husband's Wild Desires Almost Drove Me Mad".  There were some great quilts as it is a semi-annual show that draws from everywhere.  Here is my favorite one although there were many others that I liked.  The inspiration for it was a trip to Alaska.
At the quilt show they had a room full  of things for sale that were hand-made and had many household uses.  They also had a large table of scraps of cloth that were for sale for $2 for a small bag full.  The small bag was large enough to fit a giant loaf of bread, or like a large lunch bag.  I filled one with small scarps that will come in useful for making mixed media works.  I've seen materials incorporated into mixed media using clear gels or mediums or glue (all the same thing really).
The play wasn't very good, however.  We came home after because we are having a strenuous day tomorrow.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First thing, I posted this 6x6" yellow flower that I finished yesterday to my DPW online gallery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment