Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Home Stretch

Yesterday I didn't paint, but did a lot of other art related things to prepare for the upcoming show.  I made files both in Photoshop and Word and WordPerfect to better prepare for the final push.  I made thumbnails of all the photos of the People that will be used in various ways.  I made files for the photos, the final paintings, the snaps of the other artists, and made lists.  I wrote an introduction for the photo book and flyers for the show. I researched photo books, spoke with my wood guy and, Catherine, the organizer of art events at the Merrimac Library.  Now I must contact the 'other artists' and coordinate the hanging with them and find a mutual agreeable date for the reception.  Catherine Dullea at the library, who is a photographer in her own right, will take care of shooting some of the art and getting some nice mentions of the show in newspapers and other advertising.

The game is afoot, it won't be long now.
I'm about half-way through my pile and still have 4 or 5 left to create from scratch and 30 days left!  I don't know how it will get done, but somehow it will.  This is what my studio looks like today.
None of these on the floor are completely finished.



This is the pile yet to be worked on for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment