Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas company

Just as I was all set to start on THAT painting that was giving me so much trouble, my brother called and said he was on his way over to spend the day with me, eat, drink and be merry.  I have to say that I was really in the mood to fight the good fight and work on my problem portrait, but I only see him a couple of times a year, so I closed up shop and spent the day and night with brother Al.  This morning when I woke, we had breakfast and off he went.  I enjoyed his visit and it could be my biggest joy for this season (even though I'm headed off tonight for a quick visit with my son at his business for the employee party), we cooked 4 lbs of mussels and two lobsters in garlic, butter, onion, yum yum. and drank a bit of wine.  It was a good day.
This morning I jumped right back on the horse and worked on that problem painting and got it to some level of acceptance.  Happily I'm now working on another one, one that was good to start with, lots of rich color, but thinly painted and showing heavy brush marks.  I have to catch up and make up for no painting yesterday.
I've finally heard from the library art director, and have not heard from my lumber mill guy.  I have to talk with the library person and if she won't let me hang these portraits the way I want to, I may have to scuttle the whole thing.  There is no way I'm going to frame and hang all 30, mostly because they won't look right that way.  I priced the lumber and can make the mount boards myself if the lumber guy's price comes in too high.
What will I do if this show doesn't happen????  Darn.  I'll have to have it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment