Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Centurian Project

I've been saving newspaper clippings for years, probably about 8 years, of obituaries of anyone 100 and over.  I'm fascinated with the idea that people can live that long.  I am also amazed at what some of these people's lives were like.  So today I started going through the box of clippings and organizing my thoughts about how to make a work of art about them.  I've been thinking about this for years, and have had lots of ideas, none of which have passed muster.  After 10 hours today of typing and reading, there are still plenty left in the box.  I'm making a record of their names, ages, other pertinent information.  I really had no idea I had so many.  First you think it's a rare thing, then you realize it's happening more and more with each passing year.  My thoughts are changing quickly and I'm not even through the box yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment