Saturday, December 22, 2012

Framing again and photo movie

I made three frames this week to frame two paintings for my upcoming Rhythm Cafe show which will be hung this coming Thursday.  Since I was invited to do a workshop on framing, and wanted to try to do a movie where you use still photos (probably similar to a slide show) I was careful to take photos while I was making these frames.  I think that part worked out pretty good; I haven't made the movie yet.
After the first one was all cut and ready to be assembled, I made the second one to those measurements, as the second painting was the same size as the first.  These two were made from my latest design, made by my lumber mill guy, which is lighter and slightly different than previous versions.  I thought, while I'm at it, I'll make another one using the black frame stock I used to like, thinking it could look good with the painting that is of brick buildings and has a dark foreground.  So without doing all the double checking that I usually do, I copied the other frame settings.  I glued them all up, and thought I was finished.
Natural Wood Floating Frame

Forgetting to measure the inside dimensions, opps!
To my surprise, the interior measurements of the black frame stock is different, and, yup, you guessed it, the paintings didn't fit!  It was about 1/2 inch smaller all around!  I can't believe I did this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment