Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Garden Fairy Galkyd experiment

More progress and Galkyd coating
This painting was started as a quick study for the Garden Fairy paintings I want to do of several views of a small statue I have of this beautifully made garden fairy.  It stopped being a quick study somehow and has taken a while to complete.  Since I painted it on a poor quality board, the paint has never built up properly and so I have just completed an experiment using Galkyd by Gamblin straight which is a painting medium, ready to use, and makes an enamel-like surface.  So far, it looks like it will work and now I can get a better build-up of paint.
The new year is upon us and I haven't made a plan yet as to what progress I wish to make.  I am working on a theme of flowers for a show in the spring for which I still don't have confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment