Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chunky Candy Bar

Chunky Candy Bar, 6x6", oil on panel
Silver is a tricky thing to paint and the reflections on the writing of the word Chunky make it blurry and hard to see and I painted it the way I saw it, but wonder if you think I should make the name more legible.  I liked the cheery pink background against the silver. 
It is painted with regular paint, not silver paint.  BUT, it reminded me of another painting I did a while back using silver paint.  I got it out and repainted some of the items in the still-life and will post it tomorrow.  The silver paint catches the light in different ways depending on where you are standing or where the light is coming from.  I rather like the effect and should do some experiments with gold paint as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment