Sunday, February 24, 2013

Museums, Receptions, Talk Radio

Wow, it's been a while, but I've been busy.  I'm working on portraits and palettes for portraits but it seems that the season for visiting museums and attending receptions is back in full swing, weather permitting.  I've been mesmerized lately with listening to "stuff" while painting.  There are so many wonderful videos and radio shows online.  I even use them for bedtime stories, so I'm doing art from when I wake to when I sleep at night.

A couple of art friends had receptions this past week, well, more than a couple but I only went to two.  Also Rockport had a reception and show of their permanent collection on Friday night and Lynn Murray and I went to Whistler Museum in Lowell for the last day of the Atelier show there.  I spoke with the director about painting in the museum, copying a Hibbard, and he will set up an appointment with me!

My favorite art person this week was Rose Frantzen.  Maybe I mentioned her before.  Also art broadcasts by BBC on You Tube, great history lessons on the "isms" and various famous artists and their styles.

Unfortunately I haven't painted for about three days now because of trying to install a wireless printer that even my computer guru couldn't accomplish, yet.

I hope to report soon that I've licked the portrait thing.  In the meantime, I'm off in yet another direction with newspaper clippings embedded as an art piece. My Gemini brain is going nuts.

Also my art student should be returning this week to start Phase II of her art course--Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment