Monday, April 7, 2014

Second day in the field

2nd day of this field painting--TOO WINDY
I could only work for an hour today because it was like painting in a hurricane!  It was cold, in the mid-40s but the wind made it feel much colder and it took me a long time to get set up to paint.  It was a good experience, setting up in this high wind, I finally got everything anchored so I could paint.  Then I still had to hold the canvas with one hand and paint with the other.  I couldn't even let go to change brushes. I covered everything with a coat of paint, but getting into detail was out of the question.  I wanted to do it, but mother nature had other ideas so she finally got her way and I left.  I didn't realize how cold it was until I got back to the car.  I might have painted elsewhere but wasn't prepared with another canvas in tow.
It wouldn't have been so bad if the canvas was smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment