Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wet Paint Auction Friends for Peace

1822 Powder House, Newburyort MA
Wet Paint Auction SOLD

Photo of 1822 Powder House
The Paint the Town 2012, Wet Paint Auction for Friends for Peace, Newburyport, MA. event was held on Saturday, Sept. 19th.  It was a rainy day when I registered early in the morning.  I  was going to paint a view of the wind generator with a view of the highway that passes through the town of Newburyport because I like the feeling of an old town with a new power generator, then a few days before the auction, there was an article in the newspaper about the restoration of this old powderhouse.  I went over to see it before heading home to paint since it was raining.  I liked the old powderhouse with the view of the wind generator in the background and had the idea to paint "war" clouds and embed pieces of the actual newspaper article.  It came out darker than I would have liked, but I didn't have a lot of time to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment