Saturday, March 7, 2020

Alcohol Ink Class and Roller Skates

For my new goal of working in mixed-media art, I took a class in Exeter NH in Alcohol Ink last night.  I enjoyed the class very much and there were two other students there--the teacher, lucky for me, was very good.  She works in a somewhat realistic style and has been doing this medium for maybe 10 years so she really knows her trade.  Seeing that it was my first class, I got 'lost' trying to do the idea of a ground, sky and cloud scene because I had too much ink at one point and went on to experiment with the various methods, techniques, etc. and ended up with an abstract scene instead.  Afterwards I got my brush envelope open (had plastic gloves on before) and some other tools and was able to work to make some corrections, and all-in-all I learned a lot.
Golden Snow Storm in the Mountains, 4 3/4 x 11" Alcohol Ink on Yupo

I have two families and each has a brother and sister, Emma and Ethan and Margo and Martin.  I painted these skates for them as a Christmas gift and haven't seen them since due to all kinds of schedule changes, vacations, etc.  I hope to see them this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment