Friday, October 3, 2014

Getting back on track

I got home 1 week ago tonight and it's been a whirlwind week trying to get back to normal.  I'm ready to begin phase 2 of the portrait project starting this Sunday morning.  I only have 7 people so far and need 8 more, so I better do something about that right away as it's already October.  I painted with my student on Monday at Lowell's Boat Shop and did a 9x12 looking toward the bridge that's being replaced.  I'll try to go back this Monday to finish it and the fall foliage will be more intense.  On Thursday I painted with Mark Hayden and that group and did a 24x30 of a big pot of flowers from a print I have always liked and not for the flowers but for the effect of the plantation shades behind it and the glow that was accomplished by the tints of cool and warm colors.  Basically, gray backgrounds would always make colors pop! 
Last night I attended the North Shore Art Association annual potluck and show to celebrate the end of a really great season--Ken Knowles has done a remarkable job and I like the changes that have taken place.  Tonight I wish I could attend an event at the Lyme Art Association but it just won't fit into my schedule, being a 2-hour drive in each direction.  My past favorite art teacher JOEL BABB has some work in this show and a few other wonderful artists are showing as well.
Later today I hope to get my art spaces cleaned up and reorganized.

No comments:

Post a Comment