Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Single Sunflower

Today has been great, first I was going to get up at 5:30 to go to the grocery store which is open for seniors from 5:30 to 7 a.m. to help with social distancing.  It snowed during the night and some frozen rain, so I decided not to go out so early, figuring that not too many people will go out today anyway.  I was right, I went later and no lines!  I got the last fresh whole chicken, yay!  Then when I got home, I discovered that someone bought my painting posted yesterday, yay!  I took it to the P.O. and then painted in my studio. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's entry for DPW is this Single Sunflower painting. 

"Single Sunflower"

on deep stretched canvas with painted sides - 5x7 in -
What is it about sunflowers?  Everyone notices them.  They are dramatic and colorful.  I'm learning that there are many varieties of them, short petals, long petals, very large ones and very small ones, etc.  I like to paint them and I also like daylilies.  What are your favorites, I'd like to know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment