Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Where does the time go?

If you're like me, you still can't fit everything into your day even when you can't leave the house!  I do go to the grocery store once every two weeks approximately for some fresh food (veggies, etc.). I'm going to ramble a bit here and be quick as well.    With the arrival of some pretty nice weather and sunny days, I've spent time in my garden, even the work is fun and it all feels very good.
My postings to DPW have slowed down only temporarily and that is because I'm experimenting more and not doing finished small paintings.  It probably reflects my current attitude that we don't have any reason to 'rush' to do everything anymore.
Where ART is concerned, a lot of time is spent 'thinking' about what you are going to do, or setting up the still-life or fixing the lighting or moving furniture around, boy, nobody gets that part!  Then when you finally get it ready and start to paint, the flowers die.  I'm working on a lily-of-the-valley painting close to a window sill that requires early morning light because I face east.  That light moves very quickly, just why a lot of people don't like plein-air painting.  They are my lilies, and that crop will soon go by.  I am loving what I'm doing, however; and can't wait to hit my stride and move on to the next phase.  Life is an uphill journey in so many ways.  There's a deep subject.
I don't think I showed you the table I trash picked to use as a painting table to hold my palette.  I got casters and will drill and attach them today so it can be more easily moved when necessary.  I love how funky it is and it's the perfect size.  Lots of casters :)


No comments:

Post a Comment