Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Deland, Port Orange, The Villages

I visited the second Deland Art Museum (one is dedicated to special exhibits) and The Hand Museum at Stetson College in Deland, and two artists on the art walk in East Volusia County.
At the Deland museum I spoke with the receptionist who gave me very good information about the area and the art scene in general which led me to see the incredible art studio of John Wilton (http://www.johnwilton.net/www.johnwilton.net/INTRO.html) who has the studio that I dream about having.  First photo below.
At the Hand Museum I saw an exhibit that was nicely displayed where they took part of the artists design and manipulated it to make a large background, part of which was flat paper and another part was printed on fabric and hung to look like a curtain.  Second photo below.
Also at the Hand I was very happy to see, touch, etc. a handmade Camera Obscrua.  This is something I have always wanted to make and experience, so now I have experienced it.  Third and fourth photo below.
At the studio of Carol Land (https://perceptionsbycaland.com/about-artist/) I was very impressed with her mixed media and collages.
At the Villages I visited with friend, Vickie, and we traveled around in a golf cart.  She is an excellent golf cart driver. The Villages is nothing like I expected, much better, and as she says, the locals say it's like living in a bubble--which seems true.


No comments:

Post a Comment